Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Managing the Scrolls Market, As in SOEs and inventory and replenishing...

How I manage the scrolls Market with enchanting...

I am refining this as I go and will likely need to change the methods bases on several variables.  Each I will address as I go through.. check back and see updates and as I add screenshots.

I play goblin style... everything I do in game is to make gold...  or spend as little gold as possible to peg my fun meter.  I.E. raiding... for example.. bringing flasks for the raid, saves time and makes the raid more productive...  more fun.. and IMO negligable cost in exchange for that experience.  When it comes to AH raiding to UG the raider's gear, gems and enchants I can not make.. its a huge time saver to just buy it and move on..   "TIME IS MONEY FRIEND" in and out in 2 minutes, rather than however long in trade to save what? prolly does not equate to 1500gold an hour I have for benchmarking my time...  example: I would by that thought have to save 350 gold for what takes me 15 minutes in trade to complete.  that is go atlas loot look up enchant, go to AH buy mats, go to mail box pick up mats, go to trade and compete there for an enchanters attention, no be a jerk and actually tip them well for their time and effort (I like to be that guy, that knows "time is money, friend and yours is valuable too")  all of that takes about 15 minutes on average...   that 15  minutes cost me 350gold.. did i save 350 in the same time?  maybe...  but I digress.. if your here reading you want to probably read on how I handle scrolls...  but the point of all that was/is,  I do everything to make gold, so I made an enchanter/LW Hunter, before he became the GM and founder of "commitment"  so he is attached to that guild bank.  Optimally the enchanter would be part of my gold empire guild bank for strorage reasons.  Also, the process I am using is built with limit you may have and is focused on the various levels of play you may be at in your enchanting bussiness...  I only recently hit the Cata chant market... So I built first a smaller and slower business on twink and leveling chants that sell pretty well acutally...  but no where near the volume in most cases, item for item as the ones from cata.

First off opportunity costs...  you gotta have big bags.. and big enchant bags for storage of them things, you can live with out this, but you will find limits to what you can do and store.  I find every toon I make soon has no less than 22 slot bags, so much so that I often roll the toon, log off and go to collect 5 of them, and mail em off with the starter kit before that toon does their first quest.  ATM the hunter has 4 22s, an LW and 3 chanter bags in the bank, and 2 22s and 2 chant mats for bags.  After one week of playing in the market with cata level chant, I am formulating a plan to have a 1000+ stokpile of hypnotics and slightly less on the celestial essances so this is still a work in progress...  I maintain hundreds of dream, infinite, illusion dust a bit of vision.  hundreds of cosmics, eternals, nethers, planars... this alone take huge volumes of storage...  In addition to these mats, there are a few pots and elixirs needed, essence of air, wildvine, aquamarine, essence of earth, volatile life, volatile earth, volatile air, primal air etc. that I keep around. 

First, decide as you set up each enchant in ZA that you will start out with how many to post... post 3 or post 2 or post 1 each...  I started with posting 2 each of anything I made and then I initially made 3 of each scroll...  the 3rd goes to the toons bank, into the bottom of the  bags (I use arkinventory, so any right click transfers go to the top)  Next step is to go post the scrolls based on your market analysis and in my case a healthy use of lil sparky's workshop numbers, but rarely blind trust in them, a few notes and the ZA setup.

At this point lets say we have 3 each of ten intial types of scrolls.  ZA is in this case set up for all 10 scrolls to post 2 with prices and threshold where we feel a good profit and volume can be met.  Next step.. go complete your first round of  posts, go to bank and deposit the remaining 1 each of the scrolls.

A day later, hours later.. We are in round 2, go to AH cancel, go to mail box collect go to AH post...  now we raid the AH for mats... and maybe complete a full scan (more on why to do this now later, but your here at AH).  go to mail collect and head to bank... 

This is an additional step to expand your market.  In my case it was as I was leveling both the toon and the enchanting profession, so this has been and will continue to be how I evaluate and move into new markets...
Now, hopefully you have a small sample of all your chant mats in you bags.  Open the chanter's window and click to filter have mats, or just scroll down.  Now we are looking with use of recent scan data, just collected above or anytime recently works well enough, at the crafter window for the yellow numbers in the left collumn of LSW...  if its profitable and not on our sell list.. POSSIBLY craft this for market trial...  if profits are like one gold on a 100gold investment... ehhh.. or 1 gold profit on 1 gold investment... ehhh, you make the call for each one.  So LSW says 150g Auction and 60g cost on one we do not currently maintain.  Make 3, rinse and repeat for a few more scrolls.  5 new scrolls, 3 each in bags...  Set up ZA based on notes and prices etc from LSW and other sources...  Go to AH and post..  Return to bank place the one each in the bank...

If you skipped the previous part and are not growing/expanding this is where you pick it back up...
Now, with the bank open and your scrolls all listed, you mouse over each one you have... I put all my new scrolls in the bottom of the bags.  Arkinventory for me tells me if I have auctions of the item.  First step is to look for scrolls with less than 2 active auctions...  Now, with that info I do 2 things.  if it is sold out I move it up cloer to the top of the bag... and I shift click it to the enchanter crafting window to craft more.

When you mouse over each of the scrolls in the bank if it does not say (bank 1, auctions 2) then it it must be time to craft more.. but I not only craft more to replace sold auctions, I move that scroll up closer to the top of the bag.  this allows me to identify high volume movers and crafting on a time crunch priorities.  As it gets closer to the top, I change it be a 3 per post auction, and a few are about to become 4 per post cycle auctions.  The ones at the top are my high volume markets... the first to replace and the most likely to sell.. volume is your money maker.  Now in the speed cancel post scenario.. you would cancel, collect, post, log...
You have and extra 2 minutes, you can cancel, collect, post, review and craft everything in the top row. and post again then log.  more time to play with, go further down from the top in your bank and make sure you have 2 each on every item in an auction.  Now you have even more time.. you can start to stockpile mats in your scrolls... like precrafting scrolls instead of stacking mats.. again start at the top as these are your most likely sellers that will need replacement sooner and show turnover sales sooner...
 Hope it all makes sense and says what I wanted it to say... or its helpful to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment