Monday, April 11, 2011

BIG mistakes and AH PVP

Ever made a 40K gold mistake....  what a sinking feeling... Probably less so in my situation when I have a few hundred thousand gold, but still...

So, I decided that with the upcoming patch, and lower costs for maelstroms crystals, the demand for the world drop barcers will go up.  So... 20K later.... I have all 3, and am wondering why I am missing about 5K... I was only expecting to spend about 15-16Kish...   Yeah the next day I realized I bought 2 of the strength formula... still trying to sell it...  

Now on to the Maelstrom crystal...   bought 25 of them bad boys.. plan to have a small stock and make 3 each of the scrolls... 1 for the bank 2 for the AH.. Thats the way I track my SOEs... I keep one in the bank, and then ArcInventory tells me on mouse over if I have auctions or not, no auctions... make more... :-)  It also gives me a way to sort them into categories... like the low volume sales are near the bottom, and the high volume sales are at the top...   i list 2 of everything i can keep made.... except the ones that make it to the top of the pile and there are some of them that I am making 3 each to list in the AH...

So, my little hunter burns the 15K by learning these recipies... now to burn another 20 something on the scrolls.. 3 each and 1050-1250 for the maelstroms...

"REQUIRES RUNED 'YOUR A DUMB IDIO AND CANT DO THIS' ENCHANTING ROD"

OOOOPS... I know have an inventory of 30K in crystals.. and burne 15K in enchanting paterns I can learn and not use...  BWAHHHHHHHH!!!!  the hunter was level 75 at the time.. he is now on his way to 84..  78 was the end of the weekend...


ON PVP... and not that BG stuff... now I have about 30K spent in crystals... well, I bought all the cheap ones... so just reset the market and make a few gold off that...  Yeah, it worked out, got all my money back and made some.. not sure just how much i made but probably 200+ each crystal.... so, I made 5Kish on that mistake.. paid for one of the formulas I can not use... YET!!!

That got me into some serious trial and error market PVP.. buy low sell high...  This is a fun game to a point.. because you will get undercut... my big games in the AH raid were volatile life and celestials.... both move in high volume and both are frequently listed in small stacks....  POSTAL for the win... buy out everything under a threshold and then relist at the threshold....   relist the lesser celestials as greater... etc... in the end I bought out another several hundred volatile lifes as I was under cut... relisting in 200 stacks.. they seemed to sell well that way... that post box convenience is paid for... i have paid for it many times.. time is money friend.

Lessons learn in the AH flip PVP games...   It can take a LOT of babysitting...  You need to have a good sense of where your high volume buyers tolerance and thresholds are...  Example: if you buy out all the volatile life from 2.5gold up to 10gold.. and then relist it all at 9.75... a lot of buyers will wait you out... regular AH scans and recent market data will help you determine in this situation that a better cap to shoot for would be 5.8Gold, and sell at 5.7... yeah, no idea how much I made at this, how many I bought or sold of of either the volatile life or the celestials.. but I had fun doing it...   As one of my buyers for the volatile life was listed in the AH window... "Ebaysale" I got a great chuckle, as he was my sucker this time.... :-)

Still it was a lot of fun, but eventually I had to back out... To go level the hunter/enchanter of course.  And thats another problem... camping on this level of serious AH raiding... Finding or making an exit strategy can be difficult... fortunatly I was listing 200 stacks and moving stuff that way as I was undercut.  Got them sold to a low level of stock and few under cutters and walked away, fortunately, by chance and not design, I was playing in the market at a time when buyers were more prevalent than sellers.

next post on stockpiles...

No comments:

Post a Comment