Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Guild Events in Commitment

Hahhh, what a laugh...
So I hosted the first Guild event.  It was a level 1 foot race... with most of the details TBA. 
I had worked out most of the details to minimize cheating now and for future attempts to repeate the event.

In the end, there were 2 guildees on for the race and one said, "what's vent"... that was pretty much expected, people never read the rules or anything on the calendar or guild info...  ehhh, but then if you dont know what it is... either way, it was just really slow to type it out... the plan was to make a Tauren, and the name had to have "râ¢è" in the name...   well, ¢ did not take on the creation screen so deadrâcèr, and râcèrx were born and in the Tauren starting area... woot...  invite to guild invite to group....  preventing any grouping with friends for some speed boost...

Alright... from here to Eversong woods... at the gates of silvermoon...  so, it was going to be 2 zeplin rides, and use of the orb of translocation... I mentioned this to both racers, and then said go...

NOW I STARED AT THE SCREEN IN DISBELIEF BEFORE I STARTED LAUGHING....

Seemed simple enough... I expected the guys to head north, and follow both of them... but I was faced with opening my map to track them both and picking one to follow...  on headed east and the other south.  No idea what was going through their head.  Really at timing would have it, the zeplins choked the racer route to really only be a race off the zeplin in Tirisfal Glades and to the gates of Silvermoon City in eversong. 

It was far mor fun for me and I was able to give away 1500 gold.   It was fun.  The winner was Pandorum, the pally who is tanking on the way up and  has leveled 1-50 in about a week.   I have taken to leveling the hunter again with quests.  Its good guild xp this way, and he is at a level where its decent for the time and bordom of the grind...  I am however only on my second Horde toon in Northrend... So some is still fresh and new.  I leveled through Howling Fjord before, and this time I am in Borean turndra.  Also working out to go for the faction rep and pick up some of the recipie for more gold making oportunities... yep..
kinda dreading the kulak grind. no way to really speed it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment