Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just for fun and profit, and its exciting

Last week I dropped over 40K into useless pixels... Big mistakes and AH PVP but in doing that and then putting my goblin trike in 3 wheel drive to make my way through the muddy spot I found myself in, I learned a new piece of the market... 

Maelstrom Crystals... I bought about 25 last week at 1050-1250 and sold them all for 1270 I think... 

This week I INTENTIONALLY dropped about 60K into crystals below 1200, to list at my target of 1300  The thoughts here is this is exciting.. dealing with volumes of mats that could crash in value (prolly not) and could net me a loss of ??,???.?? (prolly not) because even if I can not move them as raw mats My enchanter will hit Cata zones on the way to 84 and the phased retard he needs to become friendly with to acutally put the crystals onto velums... Not sure I am ready to buy up all the crystal receipes, but I may, knowing its will be at a loss when 4.1 hits.. but what do I have to lose.. just pixels...

I look at the potential loss from 2 directions... LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY to play with and learn markets now, and also jump into them an move as they shift after the new 5 mans hit the live servers.  AND LOSS OF GOLD to play that game...  This is one that I do for fun and profit... to practice and refine methods and market impact that I contribute to the economy...

Check the undermine journal for prices and such.  check back over the last week... I was able to make a ton of sales over the weekend.. Many serious raiders put crystals into the market I imagine after they raid farm content... thats on tues-thurs...  now the casuals come on and need thos chants on the weekend... timing... will it work for profits, fun and excitemtent 2 weeks in a row?  Would it work on your server and faction?
My server has 20-80 crystals up at various prices at nearly any given time... that alone is part of why this works for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment