Sunday, December 4, 2011

Baffling and Befudling... but it moves on

well.. hmm... half mill in less than 3 days... okay its gross and I had piles of scrolls and mats ready to go... but its good to see a plan come together...

things that are surprising:
Volatiles.. they have not gone up in price, and to some extent even have dropped, except V Earth...
Overall, there are a lot of players  with stocks that are undercutting current and previous mats costs on scrolls...
Inferno rubies going up from ~100G, to  200-300G, a bit more than i would have guessed
GCEs going up from ~ 50G to over 100, again a bit more than I would have guessed
overall the volume of apparent posters/undercutters in the scrolls market
the sillyness of undercutters, cutting below mats prices from LAST week when they were still lower

Things NOT surprising
GCEs and infernos and Carnelians values went way up, just more than I expected/would have guessed
Massive volume, I was not prepared as well as i could have been
Massive profits, selling for a lot more per scroll on many items...
The plane to sell consumables is working well
Addons are not working, and Having all my baseline data up to date prior to patch with posting volume, mats costs and such has allowed me to continue manually posting, just undercut w/ auctionator, and before I post I refer to my spreadsheet that the price I am listing at is still profitable to my mats costs, the cost I got mats prior to the patch...

Lessons learned...
MORE GCEs.. 2 full guild bank tabs would have been batter.. along with the precrafted scrolls and other stuff
Not sure why, but volatiles seem to not really be going up in value, waiting it out for another week or 2 to see what happens, I still suspect that storages will dry up and then I will see the price increases...

Current status:
Scrolls market, over 500K in sales in 3 days, this is the big one and my primary market
Gems, has seen about 80K in sales in the same 3 days.. this is a play and dabble market, so I do not push the volume I could... After I am good on the enchants/leg armors/EBBs I am posting on the main toon, I review markets and cut and post accordingly.

Still working on valor capping all 3 toons to buy BOE valor gear for my raiding main... the bank alt is good, and got 2 pieces of LFR T13.. heh... and some other nice goodies in the new 5 mans...
the raiding main, is up to 800 and deciding how to get that last bit... would prefer to do it in a raid and get some experience
the priest is barely started, at 200 valor and still has the LFR to run and some gear that would be nice in the 5 mans..

Due to many schedules, particularly mine, I did not run a raid this week... I had a conflict of schedules, and am now in a Hotel, and will donate bone marrow tomorrow for someone..... To me that is way more important than WOW and raiding.. the peeps on the raid team all agreed.

I may end up going with TSM... still using ZA, and it has not been updated to functional yet....

Now is when your perception of your markets gets dicey IMO... the first week rush is coming to a close, but the second week will be busy too.  Depending on when the PVP season starts... other big impacts will be the BOE valor pieces and the regular BOP valor gear will start to become available and cause a huge flux in demand... I have not tried to sell any of the PVP blue crafted gear.. but may go for that too soon... been busy keeping up with just the scrolls...

GL to you and wish you the best in your enterprises

No comments:

Post a Comment