Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another post same day... What is the right way, what is wrong...

I read a lot of blogs, more often than not, I find the info mehh, as I have sorta come close to "done it all."  Though it amuses me, it keeps me shard, and occasionally I get some little bits that make things moar gudar... (yeah, thats a word)

Let me qualify that with this statement, I have probably done it, and I may have or may not have been good at it, but I had fun, and when it quit being fun I quit doing it... or something like that..

Havin beein in blogs of one sort or another on the game of wow for about 2 years? moar? Most have centered around gold making... I have seen trends of some to attack others and say "This is best" or "That is fail" "Or... fill in the blank with an over reaching declaration of fact that is often so squewed by perspective that its value is diminished since it is as I simplify it, an, "I did this, you can too" or "You're more effective to do this than that"   I hope I have not done those things, though I may have... My intent with the blog is just an extention of the game, and enjoying it in another way.  The rich community of bloggers is vast and I am sure I will not read a lot of them... 

My point is this... though most I continue to read, many have started to turn me off with their content or the stylization of the delivery or something else...  My imagination tells me this is driven by numbers and/or goals to monetize the blog.  Generate trafic etc etc etc... And I blog for fun, and game for fun.. I wonder where those guys started, and how close to the grounding philosophy they started on they currently are now.  Of the blogs I have read, though it seems to have gone silent, was Stokpile... if you don't know him, look him up...

In closing the biggest comment I will say is YMMV (Your Milage May Vary).  Server economics, Server size, cometitive PVP/Raiding tendancies of the players, your faction, access to multiple toons and professions and multiple accounts, or friends to maximize your game time and gold making...   I am placing a new focus to continue what I believe I have kept fairly well to with my blog...  Its for me, about me and if you get a take away all the moar gudar... (yeah, thats a word)  Back to old posts and concepts.. The post on P a while back... AH PVP, and Goblin crafting to coordinate with the AH PVP seems to becoming a competitve e-sport... but how serious to you get about YOUR PIXELS... And do you like who your became when the reaction you had to an event got the better of your character?  Certainly, I have given little pieces of myself to the game, swearing at the screen for one (quadruple ambushed by rogues in WSG at level 18) .. mad at other players and thier idea of fun being destructive to mine (camping their mamoth on the auctioneer/banker/NPC of choice...

I laugh at myself later and frequently at past transgressions and how serious I can get about a bunch of pixels... Play for fun, raid for fun, PVP for fun, AH/goblin for fun... just remember to have fun..

more next time.. write at you then

No comments:

Post a Comment