Thursday, September 29, 2011

Oh... the ideas.. where they come from...

So, I am trying to consolidate my gold much more to one faction, and make some more gold in the process...

I have read about it and so went to find out what "auctioneer" and "arbitage" can do and how it works... still playing with it and nothing to report, started last night, but what I did find was a short term investment.
I do have 2 accounts... so, it pretty easy, but it is somewhat time consuming... like everything in this game though..  The idea is, auctioneer finds the "buy cheap" stuff on alliance, and then you move it across the neutral AH and "sell high" on horde side or vice versa...

Playing with it and such, Click a button and it says buy brewfest tankards (tankards of terror)... and thats when it hit me... the great idea... the tankards are a ilvl 365, slow 2.6 spd, one handed mace with agility as the primary stat, and they are not unique.  Gotta double check, but I am almost certain they are BIS pre FL raid drops for shammys main and off hand and combat rogue main hand... the supply is crazy now with the rush of players in the brewfest event, as the even wears on, it will get slower, supply will slow down as people get mounts and achieves and quit running it, then ITS OVER.. the supply of these great weapons is GONE!!!!  sounds to me like a great short term investment..... buy about 50 or so of these things.. YMMV, server based... I have a large population raiding server... currently buying under 500? or there abouts.. and waiting a week...  MUAHH aahhhh HHHHAaaa haaaaa haa...

thanks for stopping in, please share a comment...  would love to get some feedback on what peeps think of the blog, an article, a 'thank you', a 'your stupid', a personal story.. I do seem to have more and more visitors... just not many comments... the only comments not supported, would be those that are hacks, bots or gold selling oriented... because its too easy to take peoples gold...

BUY LOTS OF TANKARDS and hold them for about 2 weeks...  They are the only 365 agi weapons for a combat rogue or enhancement shammy...  drops in the raid zones are terrible for shammans and combat rogue weapons.. just dont see a lot of them, so this is likely the only readily available weapon for them.  The pair of fist weapons in the troll dungeons, whit the set bonus... very nice... but main hand dps and slow swing speeds are better than in most cases... gotta do some more looking, but you can to...  I bought 26 of them soo far, buying under 500 gold atm, in hopes that in a couple weeks, the supply WILL be gone, and thats where I come in.. I AM THE SUPPLY.. for all the alts, and the new players, and the gotta have it now guys that do not want to wait for 4.3  I figure I will have about 2 months to sell whatever I stock up...  and so far 13K... to some thats a lot, for me... IT IS PIXELS.. and it amuses me...

Total tangent and side note on things that amuse me... I lead raids... durring raids, I maintain the expectation that if a break is not called, and you are in the zone you are ready... end of discussion... no ready checks, just a "lets go" and on boss fights after buffs and stuff a "3 - 2 - 1... FUN!!!"  but my tendancy to use ready checks even to make sure everyone is back.. dont do it, it a voting tool... not a read check in my raids... NOW we get the part I find amusing... break is over or nearly over, pick a zone geographic fixture or raid marker or something, the left side of the road, by the rocks, where NO ONE is currently at... then go there and on vent say, " if you are back from break stack up over here by the rocks"  6 people stack up with you as you move over.. now you have the lemmings/sheep thing... as one more comes back... they have learned, and know to 'join the group.'  No ready checks, minimal vent blather, when everyone is stacked you know you have the group.... I amuses me to watch the stragglers come back and they seem to realize everyone is 'over there' and so they must need to be 'over there' too, so join us?  I don't know, but that how it works out in my imagination combined with what people actually do and it amuses me to watch the herd mentality... and no one has to listen to that 'ready check' noise over and over and over and over and over...

Good day and good luck with terrorizing tankard markets

No comments:

Post a Comment