Monday, June 4, 2012

Still here

Just saying I am still around, there is just so little at the moment I have to write about in the blog.

there is a gold making tip at the bottom...

Lately, I have been mostly leveling alts, and playing with various other ventures of amusement.  I started doing the Dalaran fishing daily on 4 toons for the waterlogged recipe.  I awards 5 cooking tokens and will get me my chefs hat sooner.  Why a chefs hat? not really sure, but I am going for it, and slowly leveling fishin on several toons, something I have not done yet.  Additionally, I am leveling fising on a toon here and there in the fishing tournaments. 

I run my snatch list routinely to snatch some ites for stockpiles, and sell off excess drops of greens and other items from time to time.  I saw someone selling sands of time for 700gold each and bought 200... there have been people selling vial of sands for 23-24K lately, but I think when MOP launches that will dry up.  The server I am on is one of the highest hoard pop PVE servers in the US.  So as we wait for MOP, player bases diminish, and players take breaks or spend more time in D3, I think there are a lot of people attracted to this server and the surpluss of cheap sand is from that. At least that is what I am hoping.  I am hoping people brought stacks of sand from an old server to move gold above the 50K limit and not that there is a bug somewhere...

The Darkmoon fair is in town, so capitalizing on that for somr profession points on toons too, though its not that big a deal either really.  I can confirm however that fishing the islands waters for the debris pools is a great way to farm cloth.  Things to consider if you want to check it out.  look up where the pools spawn before hand and plan a route.  there are some islands that have spawns around them and some that dont.  Pools are really spread out, so you will spend a lot of time running.  There is only one or two catches of stuff before the pool is fished out.  If you like fishing a bit, its a good investment of time IMO in short doses.  Potions of water walking are great for running around too, and will cut down on time.  some parts of the island are cliffs to the water so you either have to swim or ride/run w/ water walking.  DKs would be a good choice, if you have one.  Even if your fishing is dismally low, its a guaranteed catch...

I also managed to finally get HM Warlord Zon'oz last week and will be going to HM Hagara this week if the whole group makes it.  IMO, its a good balance of a group.  We only raid 2 nights/week and only for about 2 1/2 hours each night... its slower on progression, but few have hit the burn out stage either and really started talking about quiting or taking a break due to raid schedules.  Our progress is hampered since we do not have any bench players, and when we dont have everyone there we end up pugging and changing our plans for the evening.  It happens a fair bit, someone has to travel for business, or gets a shot at some overtime at work and does not make it.  Thats cool, I would rather raid with them, on our schedule than some of the options of building a raid group around serious progression.  Though progression times can be really rough, and hard when it takes a couple weeks to get a boss down, we earned it on our own and do enjoy the times we have.

As far as gold making, not doing any right now.  Just spending on stockpiles... and goofing off. 

I will say this as a gold tip, and it changes some of my strategy on a couple levels for MOP... Scribes and inscription.  Shoulder enhancements are going to be a scribe crafted item in MOP.  This will make scribes more popular and could impact the potential for glyphs in a negative way.  Or it could be that if you already have a leveled scribe, and have learned all the glyphs it might be monster profession.  As always servers and markets will vary, but a scribe will probably be a bit higher on my priority list for leveling now.  I think I am also going to start stocking up on a lot of inks since my scribe already knows all the current glyphs.  More to follow in this market.  It may also make inscription a more popular profession to level  a new panda or monk with.  JC, inscription and Leatherworking, not necessarily in that order will I think be the most popular professions on the new toons, and enchanting may be in that list too.  Having mats for those toons to level their profession in stockpiles... that could be a great way to beat inflation. 

GL with your plans, and haping gaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment