Monday, November 7, 2011

Just do what works, and keep on doing it...

Sometimes just doing what you always do works better than your historical track record...

Sunday... I did a cancel post in the morning and let it go for the day... WOW... log in in the evening and 26K gross sales... Normally, my big sales are Tues-Thurs, from a cancel post durring preraid times, and another post raid times.  Those frequently pull 15-18Kish gross sales... So, I was surprised to see 26K for a Sunday.

Just continuing to do normal things, and keep doing it.  There will be surprises you could not predict.

Update... Finally got the impatient people holding on to Tankards of terror... there are a few more hold outs that are trying to reset the market to extremely high numbers, about 3-5 times what I would hope to get.  They keep going for about 10-12K listing on them... Anyway, I bought out a few sellers and the volume on the market seems to be less now... and I bought those out at less than my average purchase price for all the others...   Should be good times now... I still need to wait it out and be patient with listings.. this market could get to cutting into profits greatly at more than 20G AH deposit costs.. But the patience seems to be getting primed to pay off...

New things...  I have finally got the warrior bank alt to 75... that means he got to grind a lot of ore and bars into stuff to power level it up and also Make PILES AND PILES of stormforged legs... Not sure just how many, but my costs are about 60G per set and the HSs that will be DE'd out of them are going for 85ish...  Decent profits, and should do well having my own stocks.. its nice to see my enchant scrolls competition buying my HSs... HARRR!!! that is great... The down side is the time to make the shards is a bit much...  If I get into the time investment...
Obsidium Ore > Obsidium Bar (1.5 seconds) > Folded Obsidium (1.5 seconds)
Elementium Ore > Elementium Bar (1.5 seconds)
Stormforged legs or shoulders (1.5 seconds)
SO.... 4 Obsidium bars to make 2 Folded obsidium and 8 elementium bars for the Armor to DE.
15 X 1.5 seconds is 22.5 seconds minimum crafting time... Plus mail box running for mats and to offload the crafted goods sending them to the DE'er and then DEing em (my estimation is 10% gain for using the Guild perk for DEing, and that guy does all my DE work)... round it out to 30 seconds estimated.... per 20-30 gold profits.. so 50G per minute roughly...  that is 3K per hour to use that standard that I do not like but it works if not abused....   However it also gets me mats at low cost for my enchanting market, that will let me under cut others and get more sales... so its worth it.. and I will not sit on the AH constantly cancel/post undercutting.... So, I have pleanty of time to do it... and the profits are not terri-bad... The main motivation to do this was to get to where I could not be stuck with the market prices of HSs... they get silly from time to time and are hard to get at the volume I need, at or below my threshold.  So, create my own source... and sell excess...

Not much else going on... still raiding, and still have not killed Rag... GRRR.. I quit on rag early the other night and went for the our legendary questor to the boss for him to progress.. Took a couple pulls to get some details straight, then it was pretty easy all considered...  The first time we went in there we were doing it? wrong? the harder way?  anyway...  quick adjustment, and success in short order... IMO it was a better end to the night, rather than one more wipe on Rag... especially when the best attempt the group made was the first one, and it never did get better... so after the first pull it was zero "progress" and piles of frustration and disappointment... So, we ended the night with a kill instead...

Market notes... I buy a lot of mats... leather/scales, Ore, and chanting mats... I have started to notice a pretty steady decline in some prices.  Leather and scales.. there is often so much below my threshold that I do not buy it all, I am running out of room store a lot of mats... (and I mad about that like its a bad thing...  wierd thought)  and I am buying mats hand over fist for 4.3, the new 5 mans, the new raid, and the new PVP season... Next market to get ready in is belt buckles...

Sales focus... I continue to list things that STACK... in PILES.. like leg armors and scrolls.. I also like these items since they have such a low AH deposit cost... to me its negligible... 1S... PVP armor, does not stack, takes a lot of space to craft and store, and since I have yet to start using TSM, easy, but time consuming, to manage crafting.  Or at least thats my excuse, and they often have High Deposit costs... making it sorta dangerous in my mind.  Or at least another step to figuring out thresholds...

So... I continue to craft piles of scrolls, sell piles of scrolls, stock up on chant mats, Leather and Ore/Bars... sell piles of HSs, and piles of leg armors... Next up.. Belt buckles...

Well, I hope you get out of this reading it some of what I got out of it writing it.   What did I get?  GPH estimation and time investment for the HS, BS crafting numbers... and a reminder to myself to get busy with the Belt buckle crafting market..

Happy farming your AH...

P.S. hmmmm... farming the AH... new blog title... "Goblin Farmer's Almanac for the AH" or just "Goblin Farmer's Almanac"  random passing thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment