Thursday, July 19, 2012

Goals and progress update

Starting with just a run down on what I remember my goals to be and how I am doing on them before I review my own old post and see how my memory serves compared to what I set as goals previously.

Goals, status, progress
- Level a warlock tailor/engineer --- pretty good to go, level 84 and maxed out tailoring and engineering...
- Level a farmer toon tauren druid miner/herber --- Pretty good here too, at level 76 I completely quit questing (almost, just enough to open FPs and portals to hyjal/vaj'ir)  I am now 83 and it has all been gathering rocks and flowers... well, not quite all XP, discovery in zones and a random convenience quest here and there too...
- Load up and learn TSM --- so far a complete bust, however, my motivation is growing considerably, I am investing a lot of gold into stocks for mists... much of my leveling goals are nearing an end and my interest in gold making is returning...
- Make some bankers, done, I have 7 more bank alts now.. though some still need their guilds created...
- Merge battle net acounts for security and authenticator on second account etc...  - Done...
- Continue Raiding --- still raiding
- Get in the beta and goof around --- Been there, done that, ran a monk up to 90 and ran around a bit... I may switch my main from drood to monk, I like em...
some of it is likely rather foolishly invested, but it amuses me to do it and then wait and see... Its not like having a few thousand pyrite bars bought cheap is a bad investmetn, its just not likely that it will make me 500% profits either... however, its not likely it will completely LOSE value either, so I may make some gold, or at least recoup it as long as I have the patience to offload it slowly.

All in all, Some big tickets that I was working toward are nearing completion,  leveling a couple toons and professions and stocking up and raiding and catching the wind when it blows in an interesting direction...  

Recent lessons relearned.  Really I got to be a pretty big slacker for a while, lots of habits started to fall to the wayside, and are now coming back... and the importance is coming back too... Here are some lessons I have relearned.

- I love LSW (Lil' Sparkys Workshop)  Especially when leveling professions... It may cost you 2 times as much to get a point, but you can sell the end product for profit or DE it to a smaller loss than other options... and you can find new nich markets to play at.  Example: Getting every single point you can out of crafting bags while leveling a tailor could take more materials to get the points when it is green, like 5 gold in mats 4 times over to create 4 bags that sell for about 4-6 gold, the bags sell on the AH at cost or very close to cost... you get your money back VS. 10 gold in mats invested for one pair of bracers that give one point, those bracers can realistically only be DE'd for 2.5 gold (AH market is flooded and selling for 2.5 gold)
the first example you lose 4 gold if you are impatient and dump you goods in the AH, and possibly make a few gold if you are patient to catch the market.  In the second example you lose 7.5 gold... Lil Sparky's Workshop.. can cut the cost of leveling a profession... I would go so far as to say cut the cost in HALF or more and if you find and work those nich markets... it will even pay for itself.. LSW... Love that addon

- LSW is only as good as the data it uses.... SCAN YOUR AH DAILY at least once a day if you log on.  if you data is junk, LSW is too..

- Manually posting Auctions is going take a lot of time, and I always am forgeting the prices of what it cost me to craft something.. this couple tailored item in my nich markets and those couple LW items crafted on another toon for a couple more nich markets and then a couple more engi items a  couple BS items and eventually you are easily going to be listing 20-30? 50? or more items in nich markets... fun items that sell slowly, but regularly with high profit margins, and worth keeping one on the AH all the time.. Well when you forget what it costs to make em, and some one else is offloading some goods for cheap??? well TSM is in my horizon... I need to get the auto posting just for speed and price accuracy... even with only 10-20 nich market items.. I still do not want to sell at a loss and its starting to take a lot of time to do it manually.  Part of my problem is using a posting toon.  I make 12 items at a time on the tailor/engi/bs or such... 12 per mailing and then use the mailbox on the poster to store them... :-)  it cuts down my crafting times... Make 10-20 at once one every 2-4 weeks, or log on and make 2-3 every couple days... I prefer mass production and advance stocks.

-Management ---You have to manage stock, inventory, crafting ques, costs, profit margins, time invested, mats finished goods, intermediate secondary market goods, store all that and keep it posted on the AH at profitable prices... This is where people fail,  That is a lot to do and its a job to do it... Really it is... I think most dont enjoy that job and are not interested and consistent enough to realize the results of slow and steady production result in bigger and bigger mounds of cash, the problem for some is... what to spend a million gold on? YAKS AND PATHERS AND BOEs!!! OH MY!!!

Looking forward to Mists, Lots of changes, but overall it looks good... I have not spent

No comments:

Post a Comment