Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Daily quests

Daily quests seem to consume the majority of my time.  As far as gold making or blogging, there has been little time for it.

I can attest to the apparent relief that exists after hitting revered with Golden Lotus.  I stopped doing their dailies with intentions of coming back to them at a later time when the CRUSH dies down, and there are not 20-40 people stacked up on the quest givers or fighting for tags and such.  I moved on to Shado Pan and August Celestials.  Fewer quests, they are different and they give you more than 100 Rep per quest turn in.  It feels easier.  I quit doing all but one daily with the tillers, the one that comes from one of the masters of a way, their quest gives one Ironpaw token, and if I just turned that into a soy sauce and sold it, it would be a 500 gold daily.  I hit exalted so plant 16 songbells daily, for another 700 gold average potential if I was just picking the motes of harmony and flipping that to Golden Lotus for flasks.  The rest are just painful, and not fun, I am also still turning in on most days the favorite dishes to the last 3 tillers that I am not best friends with.  Other amusements have included a 9 hour camp of the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman,  I posted on that at El’s in the forum about the Ancient Pandaren Fishing Charm.  It amused me, and for no other reason.  I was able to catch a lot of fish while there, which helped me get the Ironpaw tokens via the repeatable quest and get Master Of the Ways and both the Pandaren Feast and the Great Pandaren Feast.  I caught enough fish that I had to log a second account and run over with empty bags and trade the 20-30 stacks of fish twice.  I have reached exalted with the Anglers, the mount is going to be fun on low level alts, and the animation when you press the space bar “jump” key is fun… So another set of dailies I can skip.  Cloud Serpent dailies, exalted there too and not doing them for now either.  Klaxxi is revered too, and the run to exalted with them is also waiting on the rep change.  If they do change revered to exalted to double rep,  I like it, and will wait and see how it pans out.

Alts, Every one of them is bassed out there at half hill and has a 4 plot farm of their own.  One, the farmer has leveled a bit, done some quests and bit of farming, up to 87, but the amount of time to level another toon is just not there, or at least not the time combined with the desire.  I have started a Monk and with full heirlooms I have leveled up to 26, Its crazy fast with all the bonus XP granting gear and guild perk.  Personally, I really like the monk class.  I will play with all 3 specs leveling, I have a full set of agility gear, and caster gear, weapons, trinkets (2ea), shoulders, head, back, chest, legs.  Several of the alt have capped professions too, inscription, and alchemy and burning the daily CDs when I go farming on them.

Raiding, I like the encounters and the new challenges associated with MSV, lots of fun in there.  Another reason for less Auction house action is prepping for that, getting gear, getting rep vendors open with dailies, and since I lead the raid and just upped from leading a 10 to a 25 man group, its lots more work on the front to set up.  But the challenges associated with a 25 man group were great fun, I enjoyed the depth and the change even though our first 25 man run last night was a pretty rough start, and we did not down anything, it was rewarding in its own that some people paid kind compliments of simply having fun, and others enjoyed the changes to having a challenge and others appreciated the way I lead a raid.  Though others did not appreciate  the raid experience since they ninja dropped the group, but, that is always bound to happen.

On gold making, I have not even tried hard to get into a machine or process to play the AH.  So many things are still volatile in markets and the only low risk high profit things available are only briefly in the market.  With some of the changes out there, like the ease of farming things, the availability of mats and such,  On time turn over is probably the best strategy.  Example would be to use TUMJ and the market tabs for enchants and JC cuts to look for profitable markets and focus on a buy > craft > flip business plan.  My personal past strategies have revolved around 1 week turn over plans, or even longer, and playing averages.  People are still just getting to level 90, or even still leveling their first to 90.  Still leveling professions, alts adding more volatility to markets, and  I just don’t have the time or care to go for it with the same level of enthusiasm I previously had.  Though I am still a shrewd seller and by no means am I trying to lose gold.  I just don’t have a daily business plan.

Things I have done?  Early on, I was buying spirit dust and upgrading it to essences, cost was 75 gold per essence to craft and I was selling them at 150-200.  There was a couple Thousand easy gold made there.  I have also looked at certain JC markets, buy and craft cuts that are profitable, this is easily done with auctioneer.  Just alt + click the raw gem in your bag and see what can be cut for profits.  For example blue spirit gems were about 75% profit margin and would more than cover the deposit costs to boot.  Craft 10 > post > walk away > tomorrow=profit. 

Overall, I love the expac, there are however 3 things that I am not liking.   Dailies, the removal of “have group will travel” and the nerf to “the quick and the dead.”  That I guess is a pretty short list of peeves. 

Enjoy the markets, enjoy the game, and good luck in your pursuits.

1 comment: