Thursday, March 22, 2012

Continuing to speculate 5.0

lots of idea are floating around out there on several blogs.

What am I doing to prepare for 5.0…  3 things...

#1 I am leveling a farming toon, a Tauren druid, miner Herber.  That toons level cap like will only be farming, though I may do some gearing just to make those moments when I have to kill something easier.  So far I am holding all the herbs and ore while leveling in storage... expecting that I will be able to sell it for more in the early months of the Panda Patch.

#2Still working on gathering up the motivation to level that warlock.. .the languishing lock, to be a tailor/engineer... That will give me every profession capped, except skinning..

#3 That spreadsheet... it is nearly complete, or at least well on its way to being a finished product for me and my realm.... Using UMJ, for everything so far, I may actually redo it with AHSpy data...  If you have never looked, and compared, the data is similar, but so far, AHSpy is looking to be a better source for my purposes.  It looks to be GEN II UMJ, much like Wowhead was IMO GEN II Thottbot.  I was really slow to change over from Thottbot to Wowhead, but I will not be this time.. a bit more review and looking at AHSpy and it will be a switch...

OOOOPS... #4  I was a Zero Auctions user before 4.3, I had enough manual data on spreadsheets to just offload my inventory clean and fast.. 1,000,000 gold gross sales in 10 days actually, and 1.4 in 14 days... Manually...  That said, I never got into TSM.  SO... learning that one before 5.0, would be one more thing to do...

When I have a finished product on the spreadsheet, I will share it if I can figure out how to post it for all to see.  The premise is listing ALL, mats for all professions. Then figuring out demand for each of the items based on what wow-professions says about quantity to level each profession, mining, cooking, first aid, tailoring, enchanting, BS, LW, JC, scribe... step two is evaluation of the demand, supply, stack size and prices as they currently stand.  A little math makes it easy in a spread sheet to give that valuation a baseline number... that will give me some indication of how valuable one storage spot in a Bank, guild bank or bags is.. Next is where the gambling begins... for example, I feel that Leather will be in HIGH demand.. Monks.. they are leather wearing toons... so go back and look at the valuation, add my own risk reward assessment to it and then begin snatching stuff...  and stockpiling... At present I am continuing to evaluate current materials in storage and eliminate many items that are valuable, now and will also be valuable after the Panda Patch, BUT, I don't think will have an appropriate increase in value for the storage space used.. things like light leather and peacebloom... likely not winners on the list....

No comments:

Post a Comment