Thursday, February 3, 2011

A new start

Failure in another want to be raiding guild, I was drained, and though I have often said I play to raid, I have shifted my gaming to something with less drama, and less fixed or demanding of coordination and logistics. 

I have stewed it down to a few points of new found interest, leaving behind most of my former attaction and drive to raiding. 

Gold Cap
Leveling more toons
PVP
Play for fun with friends

Gold Cap is my own idependant enterprise

Leveling more toons plays into the guild I focus this blog around, and playing with friends.

PVP is just a lot less demanding on schedules and time from raiding.  Fewer people, less time, and more playing with friends

The guild idea for "commitment" was born in my head quite a while back, and recently started. 

There is a lot of thought and consideration in the guilds design and principles.  Keeping it simple is the goal, I don't want another job.  Like most I just want to have fun, and also want to avoid false expectations and failed enterprises, with unrealistic goals and no plans to effectively and realistically achieve them. 

I was able to boil it down to 2 rules for the guild, that should cover most situations.  Level 15 and under to join, and the Golden Rule.  A few policies about practices cover other points that I forsee as potential problems are also included.  No officers in the guild.  Who am I to tell you who is the boss?  Experience has shown me that in most cases those people rise to the top on their own and fill the role in the absence of a title to go with it.  Its more of a playgroud pecking order than a regimented military environment, few people in this game seem to thrive under those types of imposed guidlines.  They just want to have fun and want to make friends that they share something in common with.  Its a mixed bag no matter how you look at it.  If you want to raid you look for a raiding guild, if you want to PVP, you look for a PVP guild.  If you want to level you look for a leveling guild.  But what about those that just want to have fun and play...  what if thats not your focus?  Guild focus and fail on one point or another, casual and relaxed is what a lot of people are looking for and struggle to find.  Why?  I think a lot of it has to do with the way people start out with one plan shift and look for other to join them on that ride.  Time will tell how this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment