Thursday, December 29, 2011

A G factor on Christmas, and Happy new year...

Over a year ago... I pretty much got tired of chasing the dreams of archeology... it was not updated and I was completely busted about the whole vial of sands.  I had gotten 4 canopic jars and no receipe.  I had not managed to get any of the epics I really wanted, in fact the only one that was useful at the time was the ring of the boy emperor. 

So for nearly a year, I did nothing with it.  Then on Christmas day, as the family events were winding down, the kids wer playing with their new toy, I went to play with mine... My Christmas present is the computer I built about 3 weeks ago.  I bought the parts over the cyber thanksgiving weekend, and compartivly, its a monster.  I had a single core 2 gig procesor on a 32 bit OS...  now 8 gigs of ram 3.4 Ghz quad core and a new video card and lastly the solid state HD...

Anyway, I decided to go Achy hunting again for the "Receipie: Vial of the Sands"  and I think they changed the way it drops, or at least the canopic jar, but I was in a daze of tunnel vision... All the same, MERRY CHRRISTMAS... I got the receipie.

Now then there is the G factor... I HAD.. nearly over 1.4 mil   now I am short of 1.1M... I made 10 of them and gave away 7 so far... talk about a Merry Christmas... I gave 3 each to a pair of guildees that have helped me a lot and one to a good friend on our raid team... I have 3 more, and think I will give them to raid team members too.. but totally not sure.

Just to put it in perspective... the vendor mats for one Sandstone drake.. are 29K...  so 290K on vendor mats, plus the flasks, truegold and the rest of stuff... much of whick I had, the truegold, and I snatched the flasks from the G bank... Still...  Its a lot of fun to be able to go spend 300K on others and still be well over a mill. 

We often can forget this is a social game... a game of people and taking care of them is important and a worthwile enterprise...

Happy new years to all

P.S.
Short term plans:  I have leveled the BS/Miner who happens to be a tanking warrior to level 84.  Its a fun secondary enterprise, and a great change up to just run a random dungeon, or go questing and no pressure.

I would still like to get the warlock tailor up and the shammy, and thats where I will likely quit...

I need to save on spot to delete one of my low level toons for a Monk... or 2....

Lastly, I think I will likely get into using TSM  its seems that is the current monster and being familiar with the ins and outs of that addon will be important for future gold making enterprises...

No comments:

Post a Comment